All cars have one or a combination of both of the following brake systems:
A drum brake is a brake that uses friction caused by a set of shoes or pads that press outward against a rotating cylinder-shaped part called a brake drum.
A disc brake is a type of brake that uses callipers to squeeze pairs of pads against a disc or “rotor” to create friction. When the brake pedal is pressed, hydraulic fluid forces the pads to clamp down on the disc, causing the wheel to slow.
What you need to pay attention to:
- Your car’s brakes screeching or squealing.
- Your car pulling to the left or right while braking.
- Your steering wheel shuddering while braking.
- Your car losing grip while braking.
- Your brake pedal being low, hard, soft or spongy.
- Your vehicle takes longer to stop than normal.
How can we help?
Your brakes are one of the most important parts of your car. Make sure you that they are up to standard with our comprehensive brake check.
At Henderson Valley Automotive, we can diagnose and advise on the best repair for your cars brake system.
We offer the following:
- Drum brake servicing
- Disc brake servicing
- Brake fluid flushing
- Parking/handbrake servicing
1. Where are we located?
Henderson Valley Automotive is conveniently located just behind the Mobil station on the corner of Henderson Valley road and Smythe Road. We are just across the road from the train station and Henderson Mall. 17 Henderson Valley Road.
2. What payment options do we have?
We accept Visa/Mastercard, Farmers and Q Cards and MTA gift cards. We also do WINZ quotes.
3. Where do we service in Auckland?
We have primarily cover Auckland suburbs: Te Atatu, Henderson, Kumeu, Massey, New Lynn, Ranui, Sunnyvale, Swanson, Waitakere and West Auckland
4. What are our hours?
Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM